New (School) Year, New You
20 School Year Resolutions for Your Family
Forget January 1! Parents know the real new year begins when you can smell the fresh pink erasers and hear the clatter of brand new pencils on still-smooth notebook covers.
Even if you don’t have kids in school, the end of summer and the beginning of fall is a great time to reassess, realign, hit the restart button and make resolutions that will help carry your family smoothly through until next summer – or at least until the holidays.
Here are 20 new school year resolutions you can make for the coming school year to support the students in your life:
- Read to your child every night you can
- Learn to love mornings
- Stock the freezer and pantry with hearty snacks that your kids can heat up on their own
- Show the teachers how much you appreciate them
- Make family fun a priority
- Plan regular family meals
- Fuel up with real food
- Ask your kids about their day
- Finish homework assignments on time
- Cook with real ingredients as often as you can
- Eat together as a family 2-3 nights a week.
- Limit the number of after school activities
- Set a regular time for homework each day
- Ban digital devices at the dinner table
- Rest enough at night.
- Provide protein and real food for afternoon snacks
- Visit more museums for learning
- Encourage your kids to be kind to others, especially the quirky kids
- Help your children with their homework and find tutors, as necessary
- Make sure your child is getting at least 60 minutes of physical activity within and outside your home each day
Photo courtesy of Getty Images