Nominations for our 2016 Choice Awards are Underway!
On November 11, 2015, we kicked off the nomination process for our 6th Annual Muscogee Moms Choice Awards contest! The goal of this contest is to provide our readers with a list of the best businesses and venues on which families rely in the Chattahoochee Valley. We look forward to showcasing these businesses on our website. For a list of our 2015 winners, click here.
There are TWO PHASES of this contest – the nomination period and the final voting period. Any business can be nominated, but only the ones with the most nominations will move to the final voting round.
All subscribers to Muscogee Moms email newsletter will receive a link the Nomination Survey in their email. Only our email subscribers will receive a link! The link will not be posted elsewhere. Enter your email address here to subscribe to our newsletter and get reminders of contest nomination and voting periods.
Please take a moment to read our timeline and instructions carefully below. Please contact us with any questions.
2016 Choice Awards Timeline:
Nov. 11, 2015 – Our newsletter subscribers will be sent a link to the Survey to nominate businesses in each category above.
Nov. 18, 2015 – A second newsletter will be sent out with a link to Constant Contact for anyone who did not receive it the first week.
Nov. 25, 2015 – A third (and FINAL) link to the Nomination ballot will be included in our weekly Newsletter.
Dec. 1, 2015 – Nominations end — and the tallying begins.
Jan. 6, 2016 – The top five (5) nominees in each category will be listed on our website as finalists. A link to the ballot will be placed on our website. Voting will be open to the public and everyone may vote on their favorite choice from each category. (Note: only one vote per IP address permitted.)
Jan. 27, 2016 – Voting ends.
Feb 1, 2016 – The winner and runner-up will be published on our website and in a special newsletter. Each winning business will receive a “winners seal”, as well as their choice of a free email blast or a dedicated mini-blog on our website.
- Best Birthday Party Venue (all ages)
- Best Bakery for Birthday Cakes
- Best Caterer
- Best Veterinarian
- Best Pharmacy
- Best Place for Dessert (cupcakes, ice cream, frozen yogurt, cookies, etc)
- Best Restaurant for a Date Night
- Best Restaurant for a Ladies Lunch
- Best Restaurant with a Kid-friendly Menu
- Best Local Gift Shop
- Best Children’s Clothing Store
- Best Seasonal Consignment Sale
- Best Consignment/ Resale Store
- Best Ladies Hair Salon
- Best Place for a Kid’s Hair Cut
- Bes Local DaySpa
- Best Local Photography
- Best OB/GYN (individual professional)
- Best Family Dentist (individual professional)
- Best Pediatric Dentist (individual professional)
- Best Orthodontist (individual professional)
- Best Pediatrician (individual professional)
- Best Chiropractor
- Best Private School
- Best Preschool
- Best Childcare Facility or Service (including before/after school care)
- Best Local Summer Camp
- Best Local Kids Sports Program
- Best Health Club/ Fitness Studio
- Best Fine Arts Facility for Kids (painting, sculpture, music, photography, etc.)
- Best Performing Arts Facility for Kids (ballet, dance, theatre, etc)
- Favorite Annual Family Event (spring/ summer)
- Favorite Annual Family Event (fall/ winter)
- Best Local Museum for Kids
- Best Housekeeping/ Cleaning Service
- Favorite Local Rainy Day Destination for Kids
- Best Real Estate Agency
- Best Local Realtor/Agent (individual professional)
- Best Home Improvement Business (interior design, contractor, builder, etc.)
So now what? Spread the word! Tell others to subscribe and nominate your favorite business! Remember… Only the top five nominees in each category will make it to the final voting round. Questions? Email [email protected]!
Disclaimer: This contest is provided for informational purposes only as a service of Muscogee Moms LLC. The finalists are selected by our newsletter subscribers during a three-week nomination process. Voting is open to the public. The winning businesses do not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Muscogee Moms.