By Charlotte Bowman
Ease your way back into a new school year with easy dishes you can prepare ahead and serve in minutes, like this recipe for Fruity Pasta Salad.
This recipe was first published in a 2009 issue of Her magazine. It was contributed by local chef Faye Simmons. Faye is the former executive chef and owner of Meritage. My family loves it and I hope your family enjoys it too.
Here’s what you will need:
- 16 oz package small shell pasta
- 3 cups celery, chopped or sliced
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 – 15 oz cans mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 ½ cups cashew pieces
- 1 ½ cups Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well. In a very large bowl, combine cooked pasta and all remaining ingredients.
(Note: This dish can easily be a main course salad. All you need to do is add 6 cups cooked chicken cubes or strips. You may need to add extra miracle whip up to another 1 ½ cups.)