For my family, Independence Day means going to my parents’ house for an all-day pool party, bar-b-que, and plenty of fireworks.
We’re talking a major family tradition — with a massive spread of food and desserts, and the home place crawling with extended relatives, friends, and neighbors. You can skip a lot of family gatherings, but you don’t want to miss my parents’ annual Fourth of July celebration!
Like almost everything in 2020, Independence Day celebrations will look a little different this year. But who says you have to leave home to have a good time? From hosting your own creative party to creating a backyard oasis, there are many ways to make the holiday fantastic right where you are and flatten the curve.
If you have any suggestions, send them to [email protected]. We’ll add them to the list.
- Grill out in your backyard
- Have fun with sparklers
- Wear patriotic gear
- Have a backyard water party with a red, white and blue water balloon fight
- Eat red, white & blue treats
- Fly the flag
- Go on a family bike ride
- Watch a movie under the stars
- Revisit history through a virtual tour
- Make homemade ice cream
- Plan a backyard scavenger hunt