Need a gift for a new parent?
Check out SlumberPod®. This gotta-have gift helps sleep-deprived parents get a good night’s sleep—especially important when sharing a room with others (e.g., hotel room).SlumberPod is the first portable, privacy sleep nook that allows babies to sleep in their safe and familiar play yard (travel crib) with room to sit up or stand up inside. The bottomless privacy pod completely encloses most standard play yards or travel cribs and is:
- Dark inside – creating an optimal sleep environment
- Safe – passes applicable consumer product safety tests, uses sturdy aluminum poles
- Tall enough for most three-year-olds to stand up inside (56 inches tall, 50 inches long, 36 inches wide)
- Bottomless – designed to enclose a standard-sized travel crib or play yard (sold separately)
- Lightweight and compact (fits inside carry-on luggage) – includes a travel bag
- Quick and easy to set up and disassemble
- Made of breathable fabric
- Equipped with a pouch for a baby monitor
- Outfitted with ventilation windows
“The idea for SlumberPod came from many sleepless nights with our first daughter trying to share a room while visiting family or staying in a hotel,” said Katy Mallory, co-founder of SlumberPod. “She was a great sleeper at home, but there in the same room together, she’d see us across the room and be up all night long. It was miserable.”
Afterward, Katy searched for a product that would help and didn’t find anything that fit the bill.
Katy scoured the internet for something she could bring on trips to provide her baby with a private, dark place to sleep. When she didn’t find anything that fit the bill, she (like many others) resorted to homemade solutions to provide a visual barrier between her and her baby. The homemade solution worked but wasn’t safe, especially private or easy to set up.
While Katy was on maternity leave with twins in the spring of 2016, she and her mother Lou decided it was time to create a safe, easy and portable solution to help make vacations more restful and fun for everyone—and SlumberPod was born!
The SlumberPod Kickstarter Campaign will start on Tuesday, July 24, 2018. Sign up to be one of the first to get notified! The first 500 SlumberPods ordered will be shipped in early September 2018!
SlumberPod is a juvenile-products brand created by Dovetail Essentials, LLC, a mother-daughter duo. They believe traveling with young children can be less stressful and more restful with the right gear and attitude. For more about SlumberPod and their inventors’ story, visit www.slumberpod.com.