Guest blog by Monica Cobis
9 Indoor Games for Kids
As the cold weather lingers, I think I am getting lazier and the kids are getting crazier. As the snow begins to melt, make some memories that will stay.
- Look at old photo albums together and tell the kids stories of your youth
- Make a notebook or photo collage of your child’s special moments
- Clean out a closet and the toys that they don’t want to play with put in a box on the upper shelf. Uncover the box in 3 months and they will think they have new toys
- Play Monopoly or other board games
- Have the kids make a hot meal with you as the supervisor cook
- As you clean out the closet, make a donation bag of clothes to give to local charities
- Decide on one service activity that your family will participate in this year. The upcoming VIP bed race is a fun one coming up and it supports local homeless families.
- Have the kids make a scavenger hunt of five items and have them write out the clues
- Test the senses: blindfold the child and have them guess 3 spices/herbs (cinnamon, vanilla, rosemary) and 3 fruits – then make a snack out of the cut up fruit
Whatever you do, make this day special. It is not often that we can spend precious time with our kids. Create some great memories and when the kids look back at the Snow Days of 2014, they will remember more than just the fluffy white stuff on the outside.
Monica Cobis, M.Ed. is an Academic Coach with Academic Life Coaching. She is a speaker, author and educational consultant. Her desire is to assist students and educational systems in creating successful and contributing future global leaders. She can be contacted at[email protected]