Memorial Day Trivia: how many do you know?
The last Monday in May is Memorial Day. How much do you know about the holiday on which we honor our soldiers that fought and died to keep our country safe and free? Take this Memorial Day Trivia quiz and see how well you did!
Memorial Day Trivia Questions:
- The first Memorial Day ceremony took place in what year?
- Memorial Day was once called by another name. What was the former name?
- What would you traditionally fly on Memorial Day?
- Which southern state first celebrated the federal holiday of Memorial Day?
- Small American flags are placed at the head of each gravestone during this holiday. In what well-known cemetery are these patriotic remembrances placed?
- What northern state was the first to observe Memorial Day?
- In which city and state is the official birthplace of Memorial Day?
- Memorial Day weekend has been proclaimed as being the most dangerous holiday. Which incident has deemed it to become very unsafe?
- Many Americans treat Memorial Day as the beginning of which of the four seasons?
- True or False: It is legally required to observe a National Moment of Remembrance at 3:00 p.m on Memorial Day.
Memorial Day Trivia Answers:
(1) 1868 (2) Decoration Day (3) American flag (4) Mississippi (5) Arlington National Cemetery (6) New York (7) Waterloo, New York (8) car accidents (9) summer (10) True