We’ve compiled a list of over 100 summer camps and recreational programs taking place across the Chattahoochee Valley, Georgia, Alabama, and beyond. You can sort this list by category, including Overnight Camps, Preschool Camps, Spring Break Camps, and more.
The following camps have canceled or postponed their summer programs. Or, they are offering virtual summer camps due to COVID-19. Please see their respective websites for details.
Note: All overnight camps in Georgia are banned until the Georgia Department of Public Health says otherwise.
- 4-H Summer Camp (Columbus-Muscogee) – Delayed & shortened
- Activ8 Summer Camps (CSU) – Canceled for May & June
- Baylor Overnight Camps – Canceled for summer
- Box City Summer Art Camp – Canceled for summer
- Boy Scouts of America (Chattahoochee Council) – Camps closed through May 30
- Brookstone Summer – Canceled for summer
- Camp Big Heart – Canceled for summer
- Camp Dixie – Canceled for summer
- Camp Dream – Canceled for summer
- Camp Juliette Low (ACA) – Canceled for summer
- Camp TALON – Postponed to July
- Camp Woodmont – Canceled for summer
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center – Postponed to July
- Columbus Parks & Rec: Postponed for now
- CSU Athletics Camps & Clinics – Canceled
- Easterseals Camp ASCCA (ACA) – Canceled
- Fore Kids Columbus – Postponed until July
- Georgia Aquarium’s Camp H2O – Canceled
- Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia – Canceled
- Jr. Naturalists Summer Camps – Postponed for 2 weeks
- LaGrange College Baseball Camps – Canceled
- LaGrange College Learn2Serve Camp – Canceled
- Pastoral Institute – Postponed
- Springer Theatre Academy – Canceled
- St. Anne-Pacelli (Camp Viking) – Canceled
- St Luke Summer Camp – Canceled
- The Hughston Foundation Scrubs Camp – Canceled
- YMCA: TBA
- YOGC Summer Strings Camp – Canceled
VIRTUAL/ONLINE Camps & Programs
- Auburn Youth Program – Virtual Camps & Programs available
- Chattahoochee Valley Libraries – Virtual summer reading program available
- Campus Academy – Virtual program available
- Central Baptist Church VBS – 5 virtual weekly sessions (June 28th – July 26th)
- Columbus Museum: Virtual camp for kids ages 7-10 (July 13 – 17)
- Kumon Math & Reading Center – Virtual program available
Note: To add or update your camp, please click here.
Camp JOYCamp JOY Contact: Emily McLendon
Nestled in the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains near Hamilton, Georgia, Camp JOY has offered a one-week camping experience for boys & girls between the ages of 7-11 since 1974. Camp JOY operates 6 weeks during the summer months and can accommodate up to 75 children per week. There is no fee for children to attend camp JOY; instead, their camping experience is provided by generous donors at a rate of $50 per child per week.
For most of the kids, the week at Camp JOY is definitely the highlight of their summer, as they come off the city streets and into nature at its finest. They enjoy camping, hiking, fishing, swimming, crafts, recreational time, singing, Bible studies, and guest speakers. Three nutritious meals are served to the children each day, along with snacks. A camp administrator oversees the program and is assisted by counselors and staff members from the Mission.
Camp JOY is equipped with recently renovated cabins, chapel, an arts-and-crafts room, campfire area, basketball court, in-ground swimming pool, and game room. Three hiking trails surround our 4-acre lake.
Highway 116 W Hamilton GA 31811