We’ve compiled a list of over 100 summer camps and recreational programs taking place across the Chattahoochee Valley, Georgia, Alabama, and beyond. You can sort this list by category, including Overnight Camps, Preschool Camps, Spring Break Camps, and more.
The following camps have canceled or postponed their summer programs. Or, they are offering virtual summer camps due to COVID-19. Please see their respective websites for details.
Note: All overnight camps in Georgia are banned until the Georgia Department of Public Health says otherwise.
- 4-H Summer Camp (Columbus-Muscogee) – Delayed & shortened
- Activ8 Summer Camps (CSU) – Canceled for May & June
- Baylor Overnight Camps – Canceled for summer
- Box City Summer Art Camp – Canceled for summer
- Boy Scouts of America (Chattahoochee Council) – Camps closed through May 30
- Brookstone Summer – Canceled for summer
- Camp Big Heart – Canceled for summer
- Camp Dixie – Canceled for summer
- Camp Dream – Canceled for summer
- Camp Juliette Low (ACA) – Canceled for summer
- Camp TALON – Postponed to July
- Camp Woodmont – Canceled for summer
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center – Postponed to July
- Columbus Parks & Rec: Postponed for now
- CSU Athletics Camps & Clinics – Canceled
- Easterseals Camp ASCCA (ACA) – Canceled
- Fore Kids Columbus – Postponed until July
- Georgia Aquarium’s Camp H2O – Canceled
- Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia – Canceled
- Jr. Naturalists Summer Camps – Postponed for 2 weeks
- LaGrange College Baseball Camps – Canceled
- LaGrange College Learn2Serve Camp – Canceled
- Pastoral Institute – Postponed
- Springer Theatre Academy – Canceled
- St. Anne-Pacelli (Camp Viking) – Canceled
- St Luke Summer Camp – Canceled
- The Hughston Foundation Scrubs Camp – Canceled
- YMCA: TBA
- YOGC Summer Strings Camp – Canceled
VIRTUAL/ONLINE Camps & Programs
- Auburn Youth Program – Virtual Camps & Programs available
- Chattahoochee Valley Libraries – Virtual summer reading program available
- Campus Academy – Virtual program available
- Central Baptist Church VBS – 5 virtual weekly sessions (June 28th – July 26th)
- Columbus Museum: Virtual camp for kids ages 7-10 (July 13 – 17)
- Kumon Math & Reading Center – Virtual program available
Note: To add or update your camp, please click here.
Camp TALON (Teen Adventures Learning Ornithology & Nature)
Camp TALON is a one-of-a kind camp for teens with a strong interest in the outdoors, birding and ecology. Each day the adventure begins as we travel by charter bus to barrier islands, state parks, wildlife management areas and refuges along Georgia’s coast.
Evening classes challenge our campers with presentations and quizzes about bird identification, songs, behavior, flight, migration and other “birdy” topics.
The field trips and classes are led by biologists, ornithologists and environmental educators, each with 20-plus years of experience.
At camp’s end we come home with new and improved birding skills, a better understanding of coastal ecology, and great memories!
- Length of each camp: 6 days, 5 nights.
- Availability: Space for 16 campers at each session.
- Serious students: For beginning to experienced birders who don’t mind long, hot, sometimes “buggy” days on beaches and marshes.
- Ages: Boys and girls ages 14–19. Older birders who have attended before may be eligible for internships.
- 3:1 student/teacher ratio. Trips, classes led by biologists, ornithologists and environmental educators, each with 20+ years of experience.
- Sponsors: Georgia Department of Natural Resources, TERN, Georgia Ornithological Society, and Atlanta Audubon Society.
For more information on Camp TALON, or a printable flyer, contact: