We’ve compiled a list of over 100 summer camps and recreational programs taking place across the Chattahoochee Valley and beyond. You can sort this list by category, including Overnight Camps, Preschool Camps, Spring Break Camps, and more.
Camp TALON (Teen Adventures Learning Ornithology & Nature)
Camp TALON is a one-of-a kind camp for teens with a strong interest in the outdoors, birding and ecology. Each day the adventure begins as we travel by charter bus to barrier islands, state parks, wildlife management areas and refuges along Georgia’s coast.
Evening classes challenge our campers with presentations and quizzes about bird identification, songs, behavior, flight, migration and other “birdy” topics.
The field trips and classes are led by biologists, ornithologists and environmental educators, each with 20-plus years of experience.
At camp’s end we come home with new and improved birding skills, a better understanding of coastal ecology, and great memories!
- Length of each camp: 6 days, 5 nights.
- Availability: Space for 16 campers at each session.
- Serious students: For beginning to experienced birders who don’t mind long, hot, sometimes “buggy” days on beaches and marshes.
- Ages: Boys and girls ages 14–19. Older birders who have attended before may be eligible for internships.
- 3:1 student/teacher ratio. Trips, classes led by biologists, ornithologists and environmental educators, each with 20+ years of experience.
- Sponsors: Georgia Department of Natural Resources, TERN, Georgia Ornithological Society, and Atlanta Audubon Society.
For more information on Camp TALON, or a printable flyer, contact:
Note: To add or update your camp, please click here.