We’ve compiled a list of over 100 summer camps and recreational programs taking place across the Chattahoochee Valley, Georgia, Alabama, and beyond. You can sort this list by category, including Overnight Camps, Preschool Camps, Spring Break Camps, and more.
The following camps have canceled or postponed their summer programs. Or, they are offering virtual summer camps due to COVID-19. Please see their respective websites for details.
Note: All overnight camps in Georgia are banned until the Georgia Department of Public Health says otherwise.
- 4-H Summer Camp (Columbus-Muscogee) – Delayed & shortened
- Activ8 Summer Camps (CSU) – Canceled for May & June
- Baylor Overnight Camps – Canceled for summer
- Box City Summer Art Camp – Canceled for summer
- Boy Scouts of America (Chattahoochee Council) – Camps closed through May 30
- Brookstone Summer – Canceled for summer
- Camp Big Heart – Canceled for summer
- Camp Dixie – Canceled for summer
- Camp Dream – Canceled for summer
- Camp Juliette Low (ACA) – Canceled for summer
- Camp TALON – Postponed to July
- Camp Woodmont – Canceled for summer
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center – Postponed to July
- Columbus Parks & Rec: Postponed for now
- CSU Athletics Camps & Clinics – Canceled
- Easterseals Camp ASCCA (ACA) – Canceled
- Fore Kids Columbus – Postponed until July
- Georgia Aquarium’s Camp H2O – Canceled
- Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia – Canceled
- Jr. Naturalists Summer Camps – Postponed for 2 weeks
- LaGrange College Baseball Camps – Canceled
- LaGrange College Learn2Serve Camp – Canceled
- Pastoral Institute – Postponed
- Springer Theatre Academy – Canceled
- St. Anne-Pacelli (Camp Viking) – Canceled
- St Luke Summer Camp – Canceled
- The Hughston Foundation Scrubs Camp – Canceled
- YMCA: TBA
- YOGC Summer Strings Camp – Canceled
VIRTUAL/ONLINE Camps & Programs
- Auburn Youth Program – Virtual Camps & Programs available
- Chattahoochee Valley Libraries – Virtual summer reading program available
- Campus Academy – Virtual program available
- Central Baptist Church VBS – 5 virtual weekly sessions (June 28th – July 26th)
- Columbus Museum: Virtual camp for kids ages 7-10 (July 13 – 17)
- Kumon Math & Reading Center – Virtual program available
Note: To add or update your camp, please click here.
ChehawChehaw Contact: Jackie Entz
Let your children go WILD at Chehaw!
When school is out Camp Chehaw is the place to be. Join us throughout the year for summer, spring, and winter break camps. Chehaw proudly offers, overnight, full and half day camps during school breaks for children between the ages of 4-14.
Chehaw offers 16 sessions of weeklong day camps, running from May to July. Each day of camp includes a trip to the zoo, animal encounters, crafts, games, activities, a snack, and a cool camp T-shirt! Children will have fun while learning through hands-on activities. Check out our camps for 4-year-olds.
Our sleepaway camp is a unique blend of your traditional outdoor/nature recreation camps and Zoo camps. Boys and girls ages 8-14 are welcome to spend the week at Chehaw. Campers will participate in many outdoor activities like canoeing, archery, nature hikes, survival skills, and will even sleep in a real teepee! During this week-long adventure, campers will take many behind the scenes trips to the Zoo.
Each session is seven days of adventure (Sunday- Saturday).
105 Chehaw Park Rd Albany GA 31701