Twin Cedars Youth Services, Inc. is one of the oldest child serving agencies in the State of Georgia. This private non-profit organization specializes in residential services for adolescent boys and girls with a focus on serving teen mothers and their babies, sexually traumatized youth, sexually aggressive youth, and severely emotionally disturbed youth. Overall, 1,700 children and families are served through it’s community outreach each year.
The agency operates multiple programs in Columbus, LaGrange, Macon and in several other communities to meet the needs of Georgia’s children.
- Anne Elizabeth Shepherd Home – Residential program providing service programs for sexually traumatized girls and girls with sexually aggressive behaviors ages 7-18
- Reality House – Youth development program for girls ages 14-21 who have received care for sexually aggressive behaviors and continue receiving services in independent living while continuing education
- Columbus Second Chance Home & Weracoba Second Chance Home – Group homes providing a safe, nurturing environment for teen mons and their babies while moms devlop educational, vocational and life skills needed to become self-sufficient
- Children’s Tree House Advocacy Center – A medical model children’s advocacy center providing on-side forensic interviewing and forensic medical examinations for child victims of suspected sexual abuse. Provides TRUST prevention program for families of at-risk infants (A United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley, Inc. Agency; this program is supported in part by the Children’s Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc. through appropriations through the General Assembly.)
- Chattahoochee CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocate develops and support court-sanctioned programs that provide trained volunteers to advocate for the best interest of abused and neglected children involved in juvenile court deprivation proceedings
- Community Mental Health – Provides community mental health services for children and families
For more information, click here…
Twin Cedars Youth Services, Inc. is licensed by the Office of Regulatory Services and tri-annual accreditation visit from the Council on Accreditation. Twin Cedars is also accredited by the National Children’s Alliance and the American Association.