Tips for Selecting a Reliable Auto Repair Shop
Work, school, errands and the other demands of family life put your vehicle at the center of it all, so when something goes wrong, you may find yourself overwhelmed. Finding a repair shop you can rely on can ease your frustration and get you back on the road.
Asking a few simple questions can help you identify an auto repair shop to properly care for one of your most valuable assets:
- Does the business employ certified technicians? Credentials and affiliations are indicators fo professionalism and the management’s commitment to training and education.
- Is the shop and customer waiting area clean and organized? Cleanliness and organization are signs of a well-run business.
- Are customers greeted and treated in a friendly and respectful manner? A simple phone call to the shop to inquire about their services can give you a glimpse into how they treat customers.
- Does the business provide a written estimate? The business should complete a written estimate and request your signature prior to starting any repairs on your car.
- What type of warranty does the shop offer? Most auto repair businesses offer a warranty on parts and labor, and the warranty is usually in writing or posted in the waiting area.
- Does the business have a list of satisfied customers or references that it is willing to give you? Satisfied customers and recommendations from family, friends and neighbors are helpful in finding a good shop.
- Is there a website you can visit? Many auto repair facilities have company websites that are worth checking out as they often include testimonials and additional information about the business.